Saturday, July 18, 2009

...Crawling...

Crawling my way through life,
I try so hard to love,
I try so hard to please the one I love,
even as I try,
love throws a curve
and the love is gone,
never to return,
they never knew how much I really loved them.
My knees are cut and bruised,
my hands are rough and calloused,
as I’ve carried the burden of being alive,
of loves lost and found,
they never found out about my love.
Trying so hard to stand proud in life and love,
but when I get close to standing,
I get knocked down to my knees,
crawling.
So if I must crawl,
I will,
but love is so hard to find,
true love is even harder.
They come and they go,
but they never seem to stay long,
always wanting someone who stands,
not one that tries and crawls,
they want one already standing,
that has everything,
no waiting for anything.
So I am on my hands and knees,
crawling my way through life,
trying to stand,
but they always leave for someone,
“better” then me.
So I ‘m knocked down,
to crawling,
so I crawl on my hands and knees,
carrying the burden of lost love,
and being alive in a standing world.

No comments: